How do you flavor plain Greek yogurt?
Sweeten plain yogurt at home with your favorite flavors. It’s much lower in sugar than store-bought flavors. Just stir in fresh or frozen fruit (like frozen blueberries) and a dash (about 5 drops) of vanilla extract (or other extract) or a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
What can I add to unflavored Greek yogurt?
How to eat plain Greek yogurt and enjoy it:
- Choose a creamy plain Greek yogurt. …
- Choose a juicy fruit. …
- Add a dash of honey or pure maple syrup (a dash!). …
- Optional: top with cinnamon for added flavor, stir in a spoonful of low sugar chia seed jam, or top with toasted oats and/or a low sugar granola.
What can I add to plain yogurt to make it taste better?
Plain Yogurt Add In #3: Extra Taste and/or Texture
- fresh mint.
- pure vanilla extract, almond extract, or lemon extract (use sparingly as it’s potent!)
- slivered almonds or pistachios.
- chia, hemp, or flaxseeds.
- cocoa nibs.
- naturally sweetened granola.
- cocoa powder.
How do you add vanilla flavor to plain Greek yogurt?
Begin by adding a quick dash of vanilla extract to the bowl of yogurt. Stir the extract into the yogurt vigorously. Pure vanilla extract will produce a more robust vanilla flavor than imitation vanilla extract.
Why does Greek yogurt taste so bad?
But, first of all, why is it so bitter? Well, turns out that after the fermentation process, Greek yogurt is strained more times than regular yogurt. This makes it have that signature thick texture and, most importantly, brings out the strong and bitter flavors that bacteria may cause once the yogurt is fermented.
Is Greek yogurt better than regular yogurt?
While regular yogurt tends to have fewer calories and more calcium, Greek yogurt has more protein and less sugar — and a much thicker consistency. Both types pack probiotics and support digestion, weight loss, and heart health.
How much Greek yogurt should I eat a day?
A: Two cups of Greek yogurt per day can provide protein, calcium, iodine, and potassium while helping you feel full for few calories. But maybe more importantly, yogurt provides healthy bacteria for the digestive tract which can affect the entire body.
How can I naturally sweeten Greek yogurt?
5 Clever Ways to Sweeten Greek Yogurt
- Maple Syrup + Granola. This natural sweetener was recently called out as a superfood. …
- Coconut Flakes + Fruit. Add freshly cut mango or pineapple to your yogurt and then sprinkle with a handful of coconut flakes for a tropical afternoon treat. …
- Peanut Butter + Honey. …
- Blackstrap Molasses.
How do you take the bitterness out of Greek yogurt?
Pour sweetener into the yogurt. Liquid sweeteners, such as honey and maple or agave syrup, cut the tartness more quickly than granular sugar, because they don’t need to be dissolved. Start with 1 teaspoon of liquid sweetener for every cup of yogurt and add more to taste as needed.
Does Greek yogurt taste like sour cream?
Greek yogurt is similar to regular yogurt, but drained of water. … Served plain, whole milk Greek yogurt tastes similar to sour cream. When used in baking and cooking, it can taste just like sour cream.