What is there to do in Sofia in 2 days?
Weekend In Sofia Itinerary: The Perfect 2 Days in Sofia!
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
- Free food tour with Balkan Bites.
- The Central Mineral Baths.
- Fill up your bottle with natural spring water.
- Journey up Vitosha Mountain.
- Step back in time at the Red Flat.
- Seven Rila Lakes hike.
- Free walking tour with Sofia Free Tours.
How long should I spend in Bulgaria?
If you only have three days, we do recommend that you spend all of them in Sofia as it will allow you to really get to know the Bulgarian capital. However, if you want to see more of the country during your 5 days in Bulgaria itinerary, it is possible to go on a day trip.
Is it worth visiting Sofia Bulgaria?
Sofia is definitely worth a visit – it is a lot less touristy than Prague, Villnius or Tallin and in my opinion it is the place I would go back to of the 4 cities. There are lots of parks. Food and wine/beer is very good quality and inexpensive. Locals are friendly.
What is there to do in Sofia for a week?
Best things to do in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Take the free walking tour. …
- Take a day trip from Sofia. …
- Check out Sofia’s former bathhouse, now museum. …
- Enjoy the local craft beer scene. …
- Taste Bulgarian wines. …
- Visit the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. …
- Walk down the main pedestrian street, Vitosha Boulevard. …
- Go for a hike on Vitosha Mountain.
Do they speak English in Bulgaria?
A number of foreign languages are spoken in Bulgaria. Russian is the most commonly spoken foreign language in the country. 35% of the country’s population claim to possess a workable knowledge of this language. English is the second most common foreign language in Bulgaria.
Is Sofia Bulgaria expensive?
Summary about cost of living in Sofia, Bulgaria: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 1,909$ (3,232лв) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 545$ (922лв) without rent. Sofia is 59.14% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Is Sofia safe at night?
Sofia is safe, particularly in the central areas, where the tourists are more likely to be. Vitosha, the mountain right next to it, is also safe. During the day/evening hours there might be only the occasional pickpockets , but not as many as in some more popular tourist destinations.
Is Bulgaria expensive to visit?
Bulgaria Travel Guide: Money-Saving Tips
Bulgaria is one of the most affordable destinations in Europe. You can do a lot on a tight budget here as most of the country’s attractions (such as museums and historical sites) are cheap.